Friday, August 29, 2008

David Code Article in the Christian Science Monitor

David Code wrote in to announce that an essay he wrote appeared recently in The Christian Science Monitor:


"Wanted to share some happy news: I'm thrilled that my essay on how parents can raise citizens instead of consumers was published in "The Christian Science Monitor," and it is now Yahoo News' most popular opinion piece.


My article describes how we shoot ourselves (and our kids) in the foot by making our children the center of our universe. Child-centered families create anxious, exhausted parents and demanding, entitled kids who act out. As this self-absorbed generation enters the workplace, I believe America's global leadership and our ability to compete will be seriously compromised. Read more at: http://news.yahoo.com/mp/1783

I hope you'll consider spreading the word by clicking on the "Email" link, and emailing my article to your friends or journalists you may know.

You can also listen to an audio interview with me at: http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0826/p09s01-coop.html Look for the audio link at the beginning of my essay."

No comments: