Monday, September 29, 2008

Parke Burgess

Parke Burgess was kind enough to post a link on Facebook about a book he has just published concerning nonviolence. Parke followed that up with a short summary of what he has been up to: "A couple of years ago I quit my job at Sightline Institute (a sustainability think tank based in Seattle) to write my magnum opus on nonviolence called Our Tragic Flaw: A Case for Nonviolence (see http://www.ourtragicflaw.com). Actually, a couple of years before that I quit my job at Sightline to become a Zen monk. But I didn't become a Zen monk, I wrote my book instead. The vow of poverty was about the same, but the sex was much better! Now I am living with my partner, Ann, and her three children in gritty Tacoma, Washington, teaching cello lessons, remodeling our 1908 house, and talking to whomever will listen about nonviolence."

No comments: