Monday, February 16, 2009

Does Facebook Replace Face Time or Enhance It?

I would love to get the whole Class of 1987 on Facebook. Why? Because it is a great tool for linking people together. It allows us to keep up with friends and catch up with people who we haven't seen in a while.

By clicking on the title of this post, you can connect to a Time article that discusses Facebook use by people our age. Time also ran an article about why Facebook is for Old Fogies.

Please let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Minter said...

You can count on me! I am particularly indebted to tools such as Facebook for helping me to keep up with people dotted around the world. On top of the arguments cited in the Time article: it is better to know we are connected and to be poked from time to time than absolutely nothing at all. It doesn't substitute for facetime, and we can all do with more human contact (I wrote this blog post http://tinyurl.com/bofeyb). However, in the absence of timeless ubiquity, social media is a great second. Of course, the one caveat is that Zuckerberg does not try to distort (or extort) our contact information and virtual conversations.