Friday, August 7, 2009

News from Abigail Pogrebin

I have heard from Abigail Pogerbin, whose second book will be published October 20th from Doubleday. It's called "One and the Same: My Life as an Identical Twin and What I've Learned about Everyone's Struggle to be Singular" and, in addition to fascinating interviews with twins, it includes personal revelations about her own twinship with Robin Pogrebin, also class of '87.

Curious about Abigail's first book, I snooped a bit on the internet and found that her first book, "Stars of David", featured interviews with prominent Jews about being Jewish. She interviewed a very impressive list of accomplished individuals for that book. For more information, you can visit www.starsofdavidbook.com.

Abigail, I also learned, has been a producer for Charlie Rose, Bill Moyers, and 60 Minutes—for Mike Wallace and Ed Bradley. She was a senior correspondent for Brill’s Content, a contributing writer for Talk magazine, and is now a free-lance journalist whose work has appeared in many magazines and newspapers. She lives in New York City with her husband and two children.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a very interesting book! I have wondered about twins and how they feel about sharing identical genes, particularly since knowing a pair of identical twins who were both in my class in medical school. I look forward to reading it.