Sunday, September 27, 2009

More news from the class

Thanks to all who responded to my email. Here is more news!

Glenn Gutmacher (DC 87) presented his popular "Beyond Job Boards" webinar (http://aces.arbita.net/training/DVDs) on how to tap the hidden job market to the global Harvard Business School Alumni association to kick off their Career Webinar series in September - 800 pre-registered, which blew away HBSA's expectations. Gotta love a Yalie teaching Cantabridgians what to do!

David Baron wrote in to say: "Summer (such as it was) came to a crashing halt with the start of 1st and 3rd grade for the kids (Ellie and Sam, respectively), the Jewish Holidays (which negates the start of school) and the return of LA traffic to it's full and upright position. Still, it's all good... "

Tony Walsh sent the following: "I am living in Atlanta with my wife Stephanie, daughter Finn (5) and son Patrick (4). I spent this past week in arbitration hearings in Dallas, Texas (I am a litigator for GE)."

Phil Rodriguez, I learned, is teaching English and prepping his students for the Los Angeles County Academic Decathlon.

Caprice Young wrote to say: "Well, Labor Day weekend we moved the entire family form Los Angeles to Portland Oregon and my 13 year old daughter went off to high school on Vancouver Island (waaaaaah!)"

Marty Brennan sent the following note: "Jada and I have escaped the horrible traffic of the DC area to vacation in LA only to find the traffic there really isn't that much worse. We will head up to the Bay area and catch up with Melissa (Bauman) Ward. Our timing was bad in that we missed a chance to hear Sonya Baker come up to DC and sing. We heard Sonya sing at the Kennedy Center in April with the Murray State Wind Ensemble and she was fabulous as usual. "

Mark Wan wrote in to say: "Last week went to Jackson Hole with a few guys to play golf and mountain bike. great end to the summer"

Andy Imparato wrote the following: "I live in Baltimore with Betsy Nix (Silliman 87). We celebrated 20 years of marriage in July and visited Yale with our 16-year-old son Gareth and our 10-year-old Nicholas in August as Gareth is starting to think about colleges. I run a disability rights organization in DC called the American Association of People with Disabilities, www.aapd.com and Betsy teaches American History at the University of Baltimore."

Joanne Lesner and her husband, Josh Rosenblum ('83), just presented a reading of their new musical, GARBO AND ME, at the York Theatre Company.

Sara (Unrue) Koulen is coaching 3rd grade soccer. Please stop laughing, Johanna Viglucci!

Eleanor Nell ter Horst wrote the following: "Tim, you caught me during a busy week! (But aren't they all like that?) I'm in Clarion, Pennsylvania and in the last week I have given a paper at a conference, biked 35 miles to raise money for MS and entered my photographs into a local art show. "

Lisa Kein Pearo wrote this note: "I have begun teaching my grad-level advertising course, which is jointly listed at the Hotel School and the Busines Schol at Cornell. I cannot believe that we just welcomed freshman born the same year I GRADUATED from business school. The parents are all now our age. So bizarre!"

Here is Minter Dial's spiel: "After 16 years at L'Oreal, I decided to leave to start up my own consultancy company, positioning myself as a business speaker and coach for the European market. Still based in Paris, I am busy writing a book and preparing an MBA class based on the vision I have for leadership in today's international marketplace. On the family front, my son, Oscar, 12, is enjoying boarding school in England (like father like son) while my daughter, Alexandra, 10, is developing beautifully with us in Paris. Aside from nourishing some Yale connections via Facebook, I was very glad to meet up with Brad Worrall in London and Paris over the summer. Still active on the blog front of course: www.minterdial.com (so come by and join in)"

No comments: