Saturday, September 26, 2009

Recent news from the class

I sent out an e-mail to see what people are up to. No need for big stories - I just wanted to find out a little bit about our classmates. What follows are some of the responses:

From Val Norton: Was jonesing for the aspen color change in Colorado, so I flew there last weekend to see family and do some hiking. The fall colors were at their peak in the high country--food for the soul. --Val

I learned that Melissa Bauman Ward retired from the practice of law in June and is busier than ever with the family (husband Robert, kids Katie (13), Matthew (11), and Josie (8), and silly yellow lab Frodo (1)) in Walnut Creek, CA. This week she particularly enjoyed performing with the Diablo Symphony Orchestra, serving on the Walnut Creek Downtown Parking Task Force (strangely fascinating), and tie dying t-shirts with third graders.

M.A. Pomputius writes: "I'm still in Seattle, still a retired attorney. We're taking a break from restoring our hous on Volunteer Park, and instead I'm focusing on letterpress printing, writing a dog travel blog (http://www.dogjaunt.com/) and trying to get a gorgeous 120's gas station declared a city landmark."

Jen Devore writes:

hi tim!hope all is well with you and yours.my week was filled with the usual family trivia...
-- filled out 5 middle school applications for my 11-year old twins
-- drove said twins to 4 swim team practices
-- went to back to school night for my 3 boys, 3 classes
-- ran 2 times wtih my running group at 5:30 am
-- made 1 amazing chocolate babka for Rosh Hashannah, my first ever
really not sure ANY of the above qualifies as news, but i really liked your last post to the 1987 blog and totally agree.

Lisa Zion McNiff writes: "In the last couple of weeks, I've successfully disentangled several couples from the holy bonds of matrimony, secured sole custody for a couple of dads (kind of a big deal), regularly harassed my 20-year-old son to get a job, gotten tipsy several times at the local microwbrewery, Darkhorse; had a fight and made up with my boyfriend and fired a secretary. Exciting, hmmm?"

I learned that Emanuel Pastreich works as the director of the Asia Institute at the SolBridge Business School in Daejeon, Korea's IT hub. he writes on science policy and current Asian affairs, often in Korean.

Catherine Spain wrote to say: "I married Rashi Soni in 2008. We live in West Hartford, CT. I am a tax lawyer at Michael A. Neufeld & Assoc. in Milford, CT. "

No comments: