Monday, January 18, 2010

News from Jennifer Freed

A few months back, I wrote about my view that the ordinary lives of our classmates are newsworthy and worth celebrating. I received the following from Jennifer Freed, in response:

Went to your blog for the first time (saw that it was there when my 7-year-old was looking in the back of the Yale Alum. Mag at class notes to see if my name was there. Of course it wasn’t – I’ve never written in before.) and went back a few months, saw your posting about your brother, and just wanted to thank you for it. I’m glad I read it, glad you wrote it. I’m sorry I didn’t know him.

News of me: Live w/ my husband and 2 daughters (ages 7 and 9) in Holden, MA and have a good, unexciting life. We are kept busy by lives of our children and the work we do on our fixer-upper house. We just trapped our 4th flying squirrel (“have a heart” trap worked very well) from between the downstairs ceiling and the upstairs floor. How they got in there is a mystery, but they are beautiful creatures, and we are glad to have been able to see them. I am also learning to play my first ever musical instrument – piano. I never even learned to read music growing up, so maybe a few new neural connections will form to make up for all the effects of being away from school for so long. At least I’m able to keep up with my kids – so far. And that’s all the news from here.



No comments: