Monday, July 26, 2010

Family Matters - Married, but Sleeping Alone - NYTimes.com

No, this is not about me.  It is interesting, though.  Classmate Bruce Feiler’s article about the sleeping habits of married couples, thankfully, does not discuss my snoring, the odds that some (or all) of our children will visit during any given night of (attempted) sleep, or my sometimes very amusing (and sometimes not very amusing at all) habit of sleepwalking.  

Bruce’s article reminded me of a conversation we had recently at a class lunch in New York.  One lunch participant was discussing vows of celibacy, while another was discussing marriage.  A third assumed they were talking to each other and wondered allowed if marriage involving children had some implicit vow of quasi-celibacy baked into it.  Perhaps that’s another article of Bruce to consider . . . along with my post some months ago about stealth sex.

Family Matters - Married, but Sleeping Alone - NYTimes.com

No comments: