Saturday, April 7, 2012

How my 'pink slime' petition took off | Bettina Elias Siegel | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

You might find Bettina Elias Siegel’s piece in the Guardian very interesting.  I did.  It details how her pink slime petition impacted the meat industry and brought about real change.  Click below for the whole piece.
In the most dramatic way possible, my story has demonstrated the unprecedented reach of social media to bring about real change. But what pleases me most is that we now seem to be in the midst of a broader national conversation about what is in our food, how that information is disclosed, and whether corporations or consumers are best served by our regulatory agencies. It's my hope that the LFTB episode will lead to a demand for ever-greater transparency in our food supply, a development which is long overdue.
How my 'pink slime' petition took off | Bettina Elias Siegel | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

No comments: