Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A note from Alan Miles -- Please support his upcoming charity bike ride

Here is a note from classmate Alan Miles:

Dear Classmates,

From September 28th-30th I’ll be biking 300 miles from Boston to New York with 120 new friends to benefit Housing Works. I’ve been training for the ride, but I’ve left the fundraising for the final stretch from September 16th – 28th, so please help me out. My goal is to raise $10,000.

Housing Works provides housing, health care and support to hundreds of very poor New Yorkers living with or affected by HIV/AIDS. It’s the largest community-based HIV organization in the country, helping people in homes - not in hospitals.

If you can donate $500, 100, $50, or $25, it will provide lifesaving health, housing and other services to someone who desperately needs it to change their life. I'd really appreciate your doing what you can. You can visit my fundraising page here http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/alanmiles/brakingthecycle.

Have a great day, wish me luck and safety on the road, and if you can help, please do.

With love and thanks,

Alan

No comments: