Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Note from Tracey Capers


I was delighted to see and catch up Preston Kevin Lewis in NYC visting from Melbourne, Australia.  I've been chatting with David Pollay hoping that he will visit NYC to speak on Law of the Garbage Truck.  I recently checked in with my friend, suitemate and now opthamologist, Dr. Julia Katz Schonfeld.
 
Living and working in Brooklyn where I am Executive Vice President for Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation. I'm working on a personal project that I would like to get the word out about.  Inspired by brother's own illness nearly 20 years ago, I have started Familiar Minds, a blog dedicated to eliminating the stigma of mental illness, one story at time. This blog is the starting point for a book project that will compile essays written by people with mental illness and/or by the family members that support them.  Submissions of abstracts of 500 words are invited on personal perspectives and experiences on mental illness. 
Submission Instructions: email familiarminds@gmail.com. Please add Call for Submissions: Familiar Minds in the subject line.  For more information or questions, email familiarminds@gmail.com and/or refer to www.familiarminds.wordpress.com.

No comments: