Sunday, April 28, 2013

The latest from John Kessen


Here's a note I received from John Kessen (I added the picture):


If any of this news is fit to print….

My restaurant Hungry Mother just turned 5 in March! Its a real milestone. We continue to be busy every night and continue with great reviews. We are all going down to NYC next week for the James Beard Awards. Barry, chef and one of my partners, has been named to the finals of the Best Chef Northeast category. We will find out at the dinner on May 6th! And we are also working on a second place - not a cookie cutter version - but something related. Hopefully some specifics in the next month...

I continue to play the French Horn, regularly with the New England Philharmonic, where I am stage manager and sit on the board.www.nephilharmonic.org I'm grateful to have a regular outlet for music.

And I am doing a 100 mile bike ride for Best Buddies on June 1st. Its a great cause. If its ok to post donation requests: BestBuddiesChallenge is a link to our page - Team Forte. I did a Tough Mudder last year! I think 100 miles on a bike will be smoother than the 12 miles of ice, height, mud, and electricity!

Hope all is well.

John Kessen

No comments: