Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Classmates,
When the Pilgrims celebrated the first Thanksgiving, they gave thanks not because the preceding year had been easy, but because it had been difficult and yet they had seen it through.
For many, including me, this is has been a very difficult year. But as I sit down for dinner tomorrow, I will do so with a thankful heart. I will be thankful for my family and thankful for my friends - all of whom made the most trying parts of this year a bit easier. And I will be thankful that 2008 marked a new beginning for the Class of 1987 - the beginning of a greater sense of community among our classmates.

2009 looks to be another year of challenges. May we face whatever challenges the New Year may bring by supporting each other and may we all look back on 2009 this time next year with hearts that are thankful.

Wishing you and yours the happiest of Thanksgivings.

Tim

No comments: