Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Katharine Beals Has a New Book

Katharine Beals writes in to report:

"My first book, "Raising a Left-Brain Child in a Right Brain World," has just been published. I began working on it once my youngest child started school--not just because I finally had the time to write a book, but because I also had three kids coming home bored and frustrated by various strange new classroom practices, like Reform Math and mandatory group learning. I soon found myself immersed in the Math Wars and other education controversies, and increasingly concerned about how today's schools treat unsocial children, math and science buffs, and kids on the autistic spectrum. I elaborate these concerns in my book, and suggest some ways that the parents and teachers of such children can make school life more engaging and hospitable."

No comments: