Saturday, February 5, 2011

Age and happiness: The U-bend of life (or, Life gets better after 45)

Great news, Classmates!  We are, according to scientists, on the road to greater happiness now that we are . . .er, um, how to say this? . . . middle-aged.  There, I said it.  It turns out that right about now, the average person on the planet is at their most stressed and least fulfilled point in life.  And, at this point, things start to get a lot better.  Is it that the kids are now getting older, so we don’t have to listen to Barney of Sponge Bob Squarepants any more?  (That, for me, will be a source of much rejoicing.)  Is it that we are more firmly established and comfortable in our careers?  Or, is it that we now are at peace at the people we have become?  I don’t know, but I thought that this article was interesting enough to share.  Please let me know what you think.

Age and happiness: The U-bend of life | The Economist

No comments: